Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Most Anticipated

It's time once again to update my list of anticipated books for the coming year.

July

The Darkest Craving (Lords of The Underworld, #10)The Darkest Craving by Gena Showalter--Now that I've caught up with this series, I can put the next installment on my list of books to look forward to. This book is set to feature Kane, keeper of disaster, as the hero. Apparently his love interest is half-fae, and her name is Josephina. I have absolutely no idea how this one will go, since I have no strong feelings toward Kane one way or another.

Magic Rises by Ilona Andrews--My desire to read this book only grows with each passing week. The plot sounds so interesting--I absolutely cannot wait.

Saga Vol. 2 by Brian K. Vaughan--I jumped onto this series too goddamn early, and now I'm having to wait ages for volume two to come out. Still, of the very limited number of comic books I enjoy, this is at the top of the list.

Midnight Frost by Jennifer Estep--The plot of this seems to involve someone getting poisoned and a quest for an antidote. You know, this series does lack the epicness we get with most novels and yet, it is very readable.

Macrieve by Kresley Cole--All I can do is hope that this is one of the better additions to the series. I hope, and I wait.

September

Bound by Night (MoonBound Clan Vampires, #1)Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins--This book optimistically promises both a sweeping new love story and some visits from our two established couples--and I'm looking forward to both.

Destiny's Surrender by Beverley Jenkins--Not a lot of info on this one yet, just the old school style cover.

Bound by Night by Larissa Ione--A new series, with vampires. I don't know how I feel about it. After years of vampire hype, we're all a little burned out and I'm no exception. So we'll see. Beautiful cover, though.

October

Eyrie (Society of Feathers, #2)Archangel's Legion by Nalini Singh--The comes out right after my birthday! Happy birthday to me!

Eyrie by Emma Michaels--Again, I'm not sure how much I care as time wanes on. I may need to reread book one in order to remember what I liked about it or why I should look forward to this.

Allegiant by Veronica Roth--I was just waiting on this to get a title in order to put it on the list, and here it is! In some ways I've felt this series is slightly over-hyped (the fanfare over the title reveal was too much), but in other ways it has been a good trilogy so far.

December

Reaver by Larissa Ione--I had some trouble getting through her last book, so my excitement for this is somewhat tempered. On the other hand, Reaver is one of her better characters.


Up From the Grave (Night Huntress, #7) January

Flame by Amy Kathleen Ryan--This is another case where the wait is so long that I'm not sure it will hold my interest. This is a case of I really just want to finish this series, already, what's the hold up?

Up From the Grave by Jeaniene Frost--Oh boy, this cover is MEH. But, you know, it's Cat and Bones--the cover almost doesn't matter.

February

Cress by Melissa Meyer--This one is set to feature Rapunzel! So excited!

March

The King by J.R.Ward--Wrath and Beth and baby drama and a monarchy that probably needs saved. We'll see how that goes.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughtful comments are appreciated! I always respond to them, and I usually return the favor! Happy reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...