Monday, April 1, 2013

Happy April!

Hi! Yeah, I'm still alive. It's been shockingly difficult to  get my brain in gear to blog lately, but I'm nevertheless here, on a new shiny non-sucky laptop no less. This one has, like, working keys and a screen and everything--all the amenities. Hopefully April will see more posts as a result.

First things first, let's crown the best book of March!





Lover At Last (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #11)Lover At Last by J.R. Ward. Yeah. I know, okay? I know. But I actually really enjoyed the experience of reading this book, and it earned the most stars, so that makes it the book of the month. It is certainly not without  it's flaws, and I'm going to dig into all of that, but for the time being I'll just say that I enjoyed it in a guilty sort of way.

April 2, the review of The Chocolate Kiss by Laura Florand will go up. I liked this one better than book one.

April 3--Watch This Wednesday--Buffy The Vampire Slayer (Pt. 1), with an emphasis on how Buffy has influenced the way we view heroines in fantasy fiction.

April 5 is when you'll see my review/discussion of Lover At Last, which I'll warn you is lengthy and a bit ranty. I had a lot to say about this book.

April 6--I'm going to make a sincere and honest effort to have my review of Frost Burned by Patricia Briggs up on this day. I've been promising you guys this one for awhile, but it's been slow going getting through this book. That's not to say that it's a bad book or even a slowly paced book, just that it had the bad luck to fall into my reading funk trap and now I have to dig it out.

April 7--As per my new tradition, I'll post my updated list of books I'm looking forward to, along with any thoughts and comments about their synopses and cover art and so forth.

April 8--Misc. Monday: Essential Flaws

April 9--Review of The Darkest Surrender by Gena Showalter. I decided to revisit this series after some of my posts made me look at how much I enjoyed some of them and how much I like Showalter's style in general.

April 10--Buffy The Vampire Slayer (Pt. 2), with an emphasis on romance in the Buffy universe.


That's everything I have planned for this month so far. I also still plan on ordering and reviewing The Elite by Kiera Cass later in the month, and I'm cautiously looking forward to it. Other than this, I'm going to be playing it by ear as I continue to emerge from my reading/writing funk.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughtful comments are appreciated! I always respond to them, and I usually return the favor! Happy reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...