Friday, March 1, 2013

Happy March!

Well, that's it folks, Romance Month has at last drawn to a close. I'm almost sad to see it go, but at the same time I'm looking forward to reintegrating some non-romance into my reviewing schedule. But before we get to that, let's crown the best book of February!

Drum Roll, Please!





Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles, #2)Scarlet, by Marissa Meyer. I'm sure this surprises no one. Cinder was my favorite book of 2012, primarily because I really loved the world building, and that held true with book two. I enjoyed the hell out of this book, and the only negative thing about it was the fact that it's a bridge book. That's barely even a flaw--the second book in a planned series will pretty much always be a bridge book. So, yeah, it wins the month and I'm already counting down to next year.

So, what do we have coming up in March? Well, you know, I really enjoyed the structure and focus of doing a theme month. It was a lot of work, and I'm not ready to jump into another genre-themed month immediately, but I thought I'd try to hold the structure a bit. That's why I've decided to declare march Music Month! What can you expect from that? In addition to the usual reviews and posts, the plan is to include a short post every day (or at least most days), that talks about one of my favorite songs, and how that song ties into a book or real life memory for me. My musical taste is about as unpredictable and diverse as my taste in books, so I think this will be interesting. In addition, we're carrying of with the Watch This! Wednesday posts, and this month they will involve musicals.

Here are some of the posts you can expect to see in the very near future:

March 2: Review of Shadow's Claim by Kresley Cole

March 3: Review of How the Marquess Was Won by Julie Anne Long

March 4: Misc. Monday: Top Eight Most Annoying Traits of Book Heroes

March 5: Review of Shifting Pride by Laura Diamond

March 6: Watch This Wednesday: Across the Universe

March 7: Anticipation List

March 8: Review of Hitched! by Jessica Hart

March 9: Review of Frost Burned by Patricia Briggs

March 11: Misc. Monday: Top Ten Authors on RtP (sans genre restrictions)

March 12: Review of Requiem by Lauren Oliver

March 13: Watch This Wednesday: Sweeney Todd

March 17: St. Patrick's Day Post

March 18: Top 10 Most Annoying Songs

March 19: Review of Wanderlust by Elieba Levine

March 20: Watch This Wednesday: Rent

March  25: Misc. Monday: The Downsides of Blogging

March 27: Watch This Wednesday: Anastasia

March 30: Review of Lover At Last by J.R. Ward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughtful comments are appreciated! I always respond to them, and I usually return the favor! Happy reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...