Monday, August 6, 2012

Misc. Monday: I'm alive, and Also I Have a Cat

Just so you guys know, I did not in fact drop off of the face of the Earth. I've been working a series of nine hour days so that I can take time off for my wedding without losing money. I have a couple of books almost finished and ready to be reviewed, so look forward to that!

In the mean time, may I present my kitty:

Photobucket





















This is Max. He is the maximum concentration of cat allowed by law. He is three months old, he is small, and he is fuzzy. He's kind of penguin colored. He and his sister were abandoned on an acquaintance's doorstep in a cardboard box. She took them in, of course, but needed homes for them, because she already has a cat of her own. His sister was adopted right away, but Max lingered awhile. The other cat started getting territorial, and she was alarmed. So we rescued him.

Incidentally, this is the second time this particular woman has ended up taking in a group of orphaned kittens. There are a lot of strays in our area, and it's just terribly sad. So here's the deal, people: spay or neuter your pets. It's for the greater good. Seriously. And that's my PSA for the week.

3 comments:

  1. Aw. He's darling! Love little black and white kitties. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Max is absolutely adorable! What a cutie! Great how you guys rescued him. Him being penguin-coloured is a sure sign this was meant to be! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable!
    We have a kitten problem in our town right now. Its so bad that the shelter is doing donation only, no set cost to adopt. Since they spay/ neuter that's a good deal. We have a cat but I feel bad for the thousands with no home. Maybe we can get our cat a friend. I'm just not sure he'll appreciate that.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughtful comments are appreciated! I always respond to them, and I usually return the favor! Happy reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...