Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Best Book of July/August Preview

Oh, wow, is July over already? Well, time to crown the book of the month! The winner is...


The Color of Snow, by Brenda Stanley. This book surprised me, because it's not a my favorite genre, and it had a lot of elements that were honestly depressing. Yet, despite that, it somehow made a serious impression on me. I awarded it 4.5 stars, and I think you should check it out!

So, in August I'm getting married! Yep, finally. So, of course I still plan to read a bit, but I'm not sure how much I'll actually get done. This is an extremely tentative list.

Seraphina by Rachel Hartman: 18% into this one. Oh my God, you guys, it is so good so far. I love the language, the characters, and especially the dragons.

Gunmetal Magic by Ilona Andrews: 5% into this. I'm such a huge fan of Ilona Andrews, and while I miss Kate, I am very excited to get into this book.

Sykosa by Justin Ordonez

Spark by Amy Kathleen Ryan

Inside Evil by Geoffrey Wakeling

For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund

Broken by Kelley Armstrong

Hourglass by Myra McEntire

Pledged by Gwynneth White

What are you planning to read in August? What was the best book you read recently?

1 comment:

  1. Yay about Seraphina and Gunmetal Magic! Loved them both!
    And congrats on getting married! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughtful comments are appreciated! I always respond to them, and I usually return the favor! Happy reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...