Monday, July 2, 2012

Misc. Monday: Some Changes in the RtP World

That's right folks, it's finally happening: I'm moving! Josh and I are so excited to finally (after just six short years!) be moving into our very own apartment. I feel like this signals the next level of adulthood for us. No more living with our parents, or with college roommates. We finally get to share our day to day lives and annoy one another from a much shorter distance. Hoo-ray!

But what does this mean for you guys?

Unfortunately it may initially mean less frequent posts, while I try to organize and pack and move and unpack. And paint the kitchen and assemble the furniture and wait for the internet guy to come hook us up. Oh, and plan my wedding. I tried to prepare for this and have some posts set to go up in advance, so you shouldn't be greeted with total deafening silence here, but I may not be around. Just talk amongst yourselves. Possible topics of conversation may include:

The evolutionary history of flightless birds.

Who is the most attractive Hemsworth brother, and why.

Milkshakes vs. Smoothies--What is the difference, and which is better?

Why men squeeze from the middle of the toothpaste tube, even though this is obviously less efficient than squeezing from the bottom.

...When I am able to return to full scale blogging, I'm hoping to implement some small changes. I do, of course, welcome your opinions on these matters.

1) I would really like to build a Reading Penguin Recommends page. It would definitely include all of the Book of the Month winners so far, as well as other outstanding novels. I have to decide how to organize it, however, so that it will be as user friendly as possible.

2) Josh and I would like to start doing movie reviews together via video. We intended to start that project long ago, but forced separation has stalled it. I think the vlog format is more appropriate for movies, but it also takes a little more effort. Ideally, look forward to seeing that happen two or three times a month.

3) More guest reviews! I will, of course, be reviewing more of Josh's graphic novels (starting with Captain America, very soon). Once the dust settles, he will be reading American Gods. After that, I think I'll leave it up to you guys--what should we make the guy who never reads novels read? Your recommendations are welcome.

4) Conduct a survey for followers. Yeah, I meant to do this after my 1 year blogiversary, and obviously it didn't happen. I do want to get all of your opinions about how this blog can improve, but I don't want to conduct the survey until I actually have the time to implement any changes. So, keep an eye out for that.

In the meantime, like I said, talk amongst yourselves. I really appreciate all of your visits and comments, and I so look forward to returning the favor!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, congrats on the move. I hope you share pictures of the new place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will be uploading pictures as soon as the place looks decent!

      Delete
  2. Well, congrats on moving! Moving is hard, but I bet it will be SUPER exciting for you!!!
    and i think a Reading Penguin Recommends page would be AWESOME

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm hoping to have that page up by August, is all goes well!

      Delete

Thoughtful comments are appreciated! I always respond to them, and I usually return the favor! Happy reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...